LISTEN: DRUGS LIKE MDMA AND LSD ARE TRANSFORMING THERAPY
The newest research shows that medications such as MDMA and LSD could radically change how some individuals involve with treatment.
In her initiatives to transform a clinical lens towards these medications, Harriet de Wit, a teacher of psychiatry and behavior neuroscience at the College of Chicago, has made some unexpected discoveries about their applications in treatment. De Wit also analyzes microdosing, why it's so popular, and whether it does what individuals recommend. Trik Lengkap Bermain Di Situs Slot
"The reviews and the records from using MDMA with PTSD are definitely amazing," she says.
"[I]t appears to be the individual with this PTSD seems able to face these unfavorable memories quicker, and after that able to type of process them, and discuss them. Why that's, we do not really know," De Wit says. "I imply, and I think that is type of turns into one of the main questions that we would certainly have an interest in. What is it that the medication does that allows them to handle these unfavorable memories, and after that discuss them, and after that process them?"
"[W]e've all had a couple of too many beverages, or high levels of caffeine or something, and all of us have some sense of how the medication can change your view of the globe, therefore I think that the topic itself is simply interesting," says de Wit.
Here, De Wit explains her research right into the impacts of psychedelic medications and how they're changing the globe of treatment:
